Monday, August 29, 2011

Missing

It has been a strange week for us, yet vaguely familiar at the same time. Zachary has been gone for over a week now, managing a store opening 2 hours to the north of us. He should be home in a few days, but it has been the longest we have been apart since we have been married. Last night I made a whirlwind drive up to see him and bring him some fresh clothes when he was done with work. Sorta reminding me of us dating again. Driving a 200 mile round trip just to spend a couple hours together over pizza, seemed like our trips between Whitewater and Waukesha years ago just to have Toppers or late night Denny's together after a long week of work and school.

It will be good to have him home again in a few days, then I can have more human conversations than talking to our pets. I think they are getting sick of hearing me talk about what happened at the office everyday. :-)

No comments: