Saturday, January 29, 2011

FL: Thursday


After spending the night before in Milwaukee, we flew out of Milwaukee early Thursday morning. I was a bit anxious about the flight, not so much a fear of flying, but worried I would feel too sick during. This was my first commercial flight in my life. My friend Kate has gotten me airborne a few times in a small Cessna, which I enjoy a lot, but I always end up feeling a bit woozy. (Yeah, I can't read in a car either) Following some advice from a few friends, I loaded up on chewing gum and Dramamine. Beside being slightly drowsy, I did well. Thanks Dramamine and Orbit peppermint gum!

After a short layover in Memphis, we arrived in Pensacola, FL. My parents picked us up from the airport. We had about a 2 hour drive back to their place, so we did some sightseeing along the way there.

We stopped at the Air Force Armament Museum at Eglin Air Force Base near Fort Walton Beach.

It was interesting to learn about vintage to modern armament technology and how it has changed over the years.

That's a lot of rivets.

There was also a lot of aircraft, inside and out to view. Zachary's hours of watching military documentaries on the History Channel paid off, as he was able to ID half of the planes before getting up to them and spout off random factoids.





Afterwords, my Parents took us to one of their favorite places to eat, McGuire's Irish Pub in Destin.

Very Irish, very tasty. Being an Irish place, I had to try their Corned Beef & Cabbage. Yeah, the best I have ever had.

No comments: