Sunday, May 12, 2013

Sunday Ride

Another ride to St. Andrews again today, with a detour to the Grand Lagoon Farmer's Market. Came home with some cucumbers. Went there looking for pita bread from the pita lady, but she wasn't there this week. I'll find her next time, it is mother's day after all. My bike was recently out of commission again with a flat tire. Same one I had fixed 2 months ago. The helpful guy at the bike shop informed me Sand Burrs are my culprit, small pickers that stick my tire and eventually creates a leak. He recommended putting in an extra heavy duty tube in my tire. We'll see how it holds up. My back tire has not been stricken with leaks so far, but the burs love chewing my front tire.

A hunting Heron

Lizard

Hello Buddy
 I ran across this turtle in one of the park's parking lots. 2 ladies and I were admiring him and decided we should move him off the pavement into the safety of the protected grassy dunes. I think this is a Florida Softshell turtle, judging by it's nose and shell. Zachary ran into a large alligator turtle on his lunch break earlier in the week. I'll try to remember to post his picture of it later.


No comments: